Audrey Once said...

I believe in pink. I believe that laughter is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, and kissing a lot. I believe in being stong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tommorow is another day and I believe in miracles.

Marilyn once said...


"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Rupaul and wild geese

This will probably be the funniest thing I write to date. I know I am so modest. :) But really, this is hilarious...and I didn't even say this stuff!

My parents, John and Lulu are two of the funniest people I know. For instance (here is where it gets good, so buckle up!), 

This story is related to me by my little sister, Sarah. My dad could not figure out who the guy running for president was, so he asked my mom. It went something like this:
 
Dad: "his last name is Paul...what's his first name?" Upon hearing the last name, my mom's face lit up. Mom: "Honey! His first name is Ru! His full name is Rupaul." To which my little sister started laughing and asked my mom, 
Sarah: "you mean as in Rupaul's drag race? Mom, I think his name is Ron. Ron Paul." 
Mom: "ok ok you're right. Oh yeah, Rupaul's drag race...I have seen that before."

WHA???

Next story is more of a one man show starring my dad. While I was home in Oregon last weekend, I had the pleasure of riding with my dad in his car while we followed my mom to my sister's house. Now, my dad likes to be the leader. He dubs anything where he can't make the route a "wild goose chase." Do any of you know what a wild goose chase is like? I didn't either until my dad decided to take 30 minutes and tell me about it. Here is the gist. 

Me: It's ok dad, this way is probably faster anyway.
Dad: Kate, a seasoned army vet couldn't find his way through this place!
Me: We'll be there soon! Honestly, it's taking the same amount of time as going on the freeway.
Dad: That is a bunch of bunk. This is a wild goose chase. Katherine, have you ever been on a wild goose chase? It is terrible. Wild geese, boy, they will run faster than you any day of the week! When you get close enough to THINK you got them, they FLY AWAY! The only way to shoot a wild goose is to first,  dig a hole. Second, lay down in it. Third, put on some camouflage and leaves. Finally when all that's done, you gotta lay real still. When the birds come flying in to eat, you jump out and yell SURPRISE. That's the only way you can get em. It's a lot like this: sucky. This my dear, what we're doing here, is a wild goose chase. 

Yeah, I know. My parents say the funniest things. 

PS...this is Rupaul if you were confused. 




And this is RON Paul. HA. Big difference. 




Surround yourself with funny people. It makes life worth living. 


No comments:

Copy & Paste This Code: