Audrey Once said...

I believe in pink. I believe that laughter is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, and kissing a lot. I believe in being stong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tommorow is another day and I believe in miracles.

Marilyn once said...


"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

Saturday, August 6, 2011

I am an addict.

I think I may be addicted....to this:

Who knew sharks could be so interesting? I will tell you one thing...I didn't. Here are just a few things I have learned from shark week. Let it be noted, I am fully aware that I am a nerd. I am further aware that I could have been doing something else with my time other than watching sharks on T.V. for hours on end. Let it further be noted that I did not watch from sun up to sun down. I did other stuff too. Lots of stuff. ;)

Now for the things I learned:

1. Tiger Sharks, although one of the most feared, are actually really shy
2. Sharks come in further to the shore because the water temperatures become too cold for them further in the ocean. Also, sharks come in closer to the coast of Georgia to give birth.
3. Sharks like human blood better than fish blood
4. Sharks eat a huge meal and then go a very long time without eating. Due to lack of fish/seals, sharks will result to eating humans
5. Sharks cannot swim backwards
6. The average shark lives to be about 25
7. The worst shark attack in history happened in during World War 2 with the sinking of the USS Indianapolis. 900 sailors were stranded in the water. Many were eaten by sharks. Only 316 people lived.
8. Sometimes, a femal shark can reproduce without ever touching a male
9. between 30 and 80% of a sharks' flesh is made of water
10. Many sharks will keep drown if they do not keep swimming
11. From 1580-2007, there were a reported 64 fatal great white shark attacks
12. There are 370 different species of sharks
13. Sharks are essential to keeping the oceanic eco system working
14. The largest fish in the ocean is also the most gentle of sharks: The Whale Shark. It feeds on the smallest of sea creatures.
15. Some sharks live on the Ocean floor, while others live closer to the surface
16. The Goblin shark is the most rare of all sharks. Only a few have been seen alive and it used to be to be thought to be extinct



I think 16 is enough. There are more facts I've learned if you can believe it. I have come to the realization that I am a nerd. I fully and completely 100% enjoyed shark week.

Love to all
K

No comments:

Copy & Paste This Code: