Audrey Once said...

I believe in pink. I believe that laughter is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, and kissing a lot. I believe in being stong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tommorow is another day and I believe in miracles.

Marilyn once said...


"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Drama drama drama

My classroom looks like my brain: A cluttered mess of ideas. There are papers all over the floor and the desks are everywhere. When I say everywhere...I mean EVERYWHERE. I spent 4 hours at the school today. Half of the time was spent getting my plan book figured out. The other half of the time was spent staring blankly into a Drama classroom wondering what I had agreed to and wondering how in the heck I was supposed to teach 3 periods of English and 2 periods of DRAMA. Then I cried. I cried partly due to being extremely overwhelmed and partly because I am a baby and wanted to hug someone...a homeless person at that point would have been alright with me.

As I was wallowing in my self pity, something amazing happened. I looked to the door and just felt a calm and peace. The thought came to me: "With God, all things are possible." Right after I thought that, I had a fellow teacher come in a rave about how happy she was that I was back at the school. (She is adorable...and probably about 60.)

Personally, I have cried more in the past few weeks than ever before. I am a baby. But now, I am at peace. Guaranteed there will be more "what have I gotten myself into?" moments. Stay tuned.
Love you all.

1 comment:

BRADY FAMILY said...

I know you can do this. I can only imagine what a great teacher you are. I know things can seem hard but with the Lord's help, "all things ARE possible". You will be wonderful and the kids will LOVE you! Keep your head up and remember life isn't supposed to be easy! You're a great sister and can't wait to see you in a few days.

Copy & Paste This Code: